Maintenance Technician I
The Maintenance Technician I is attentive to Greentree’s goals relative to resident satisfaction. The Maintenance Technician I is responsible for maintaining the physical condition and appearance of the site.
The Maintenance Technician I reports to The Maintenance Manager. This Maintenance Manager will take into consideration the Technician's skills, experience, and career goals, and how they best fit into the operational needs of the organization. The Maintenance Technician I will work under the tutelage of the Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Technician III, if applicable, and will continue to be trained with the expectation of eventual promotion to Maintenance Technician II.
Essential Functions:Physical Condition
- Diagnose and perform minor and routine maintenance/repair involving the following on a daily basis:
- Minor electrical and plumbing – lights, aerators, toilets etc.
- Ability to operate drain snake equipment
- Minor heating system or filters only
- Minor appliance repairs
- Minor water irrigation systems – head replacement only
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings – cleaning and painting
- Tile, carpet, vinyl flooring – cleaning and caulking
- Interior/exterior lights – bulb replacement only
- Fireplaces, ceiling fans – cleaning
- Blinds, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors
- Door locks
- Walls – painting & patching
- Routinely assist in performing duties to restore apartments to “market ready” status.
- Maintain accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, service requests received and completed, apartment make-ready status, work in progress, etc.
- Constantly be aware of and report to the Maintenance Manager the condition of physical property throughout the community and immediately correct unsafe conditions (i.e., broken steps, sidewalk trip hazards, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights).
- Report items requiring major repairs to the Maintenance Manager.
- Report needs to Maintenance Manager in order to maintain adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs and situations.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis. Inspect and maintain all tools in excellent condition
- Basic knowledge on motor equipment such as power washer, blower and compressors
- Perform work area clean-up and safety-related duties.
- Wear back support belt when lifting more than 25 lbs. or while performing repetitive bending and stooping functions during working hours. Use safety equipment (goggles, masks, gloves, etc.) as tasks dictate,
- Know and adhere to all federal, state, OSHA and local laws as well as all policies and procedures contained in the manuals issued by Greentree or as otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to associates.
- Know all log and record keeping procedures.
- Provide own basic tools and be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools:
- Hand Tools: Various wrenches, screwdrivers, grips, sledgehammer, hammer, snips, posthole diggers, saws, etc.
- Power Tools: Wrenches, grinder, sander, drill, saws, etc.
- User-Moving Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, step ladders, full ladders, double ladders.
- Ability to provide customer service with direction
- Multi-Family experience helpful
- Six months in current position before advancement opportunity
- Constant need (66% to 100% of time) to be on feet.
- Constant need (66% to 100% of time) to perform the following physical activities:
- bend/stoop/squat/kneel - Perform routine maintenance/repairs, pick up tools and needed equipment
- climb stairs - Service requests, make-ready needs for apartments located on floors other than ground level
- Push or pull - Move equipment, appliances, open and close doors, etc.
- reach above shoulders - Perform routine maintenance/repairs, stock and remove equipment, parts
- climb ladders - Perform routine maintenance/repairs
- grasp/grip/turning - Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance and repairs, phone
- finger dexterity - Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance and repairs
- writing/typing - Inventory maintenance, requisition requests, interoffice memos, required maintenance reports
- Lifting/carrying (supplies, replacement parts, ladders, etc.):
- Over 150 lb. - Rare need (less than 1% of time)
- between 75-150 lb. - Occasional need (1% to 33% of time)
- between 25-75 lb. - Constant need (66% to 100% of time)
- between 1-25 lb. - Constant need (66% to 100% of time)
Note: Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lb. is often best accomplished with assistance from one or more person. Examples of heaviest items lifted include washer/dryers, other appliance, abandoned sofas, etc.
The Veritas family of companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. For consideration for the above position, please send your resume to email@example.com or send it to:
People and Culture Department
600 California Street, 20th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108