Senior Accountant - Corporate
The Senior Accountant - Corporate is responsible for the accounting and internal reporting for the Corporate entities. Primary responsibilities include the preparation of monthly close process and requisite monthly/quarterly/annual reporting. Additionally, the Senior Accountant will work with subsidiaries entities, accounts payable, cash management, and payroll to ensure that accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and assists in the development/implementation of internal policies, procedures, and controls.
- Process day to day corporate transactions in accordance with GAAP;
- Preparation of all monthly, quarterly and annual reports and associated consolidated financial statements, supporting schedules and analyses;
- Assist in the management of cash flow, cash requirements, and cash investment policy for all managed corporate and subsidiary entities;
- Preparation of lenders’ required reports, and monitor compliance with debt covenants and other debt related requirements;
- Evaluate all significant accounting transactions; research and implement relevant accounting technical standards;
- Timely preparation and delivery of all regular and ad hoc management reports;
- Assist in the provision of information supporting the annual tax return and the annual audit;
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget;
- Prepares the calculation of performance returns and related metrics as required for 1) calculation of hurdles used in waterfall calculations; 2) returns information required by JV partners; and 3) IRR scenarios as requested by Asset Management;
- Supports Corporate Accounting Manager, Assistant Controller and Controller to establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures;
- Assists in creating training manuals to be used by the accounting team and future new hires;
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management, Information Technology and Operations to automate and improve process efficiencies within the accounting department;
- Assist with the roll out of any new accounting software initiatives; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effective at prioritizing multiple projects with shifting deadlines;
- Ability to operate in a fluid, fast paced, startup environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail; and
- Possess the highest level of discretion and confidentiality
- Minimum of three to five years of accounting experience;
- CPA, real estate and Yardi experience a plus;
- Institutional real estate investment fund accounting experience;
- Proficient in using the latest versions of Microsoft Excel and Word; and
- BA in Business/related field, or equivalent work experience
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
This position will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers which can cause muscle strain. The position may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, up to and including 20 lbs. The position requires talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken and written word to impart information to clients or to the public, and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.