Office and Administrative Manager
The Office and Administrative Manager is empowered to create a customer service oriented welcoming environment that runs smoothly and efficiently at both the corporate headquarters of Veritas Investments and our satellite office. This position is responsible for the organization and coordination of all office operations, procedures, and resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the seating chart(s) and responsible for space planning, office moves, transfers, and re-organizations
- Responsible for all snack, beverage, equipment, and office supply vendor management, including efficient/cost effective ordering
- Manages furniture purchase, inventory, and maintenance
- Manages offsite storage operations including establishing and administering record keeping requirements, inventory management, and optimization of cost and space
- Manages the vendor/services relationships for the offices, including but not limited to: shredding services; janitorial services; building management; security; maintenance and handyperson vendors; florist/plant-care services; mail, PO Box, and deliveries
- Responsible for all building/facilities work orders and issues management, including keeping the office informed of situations that disrupt the normal flow of the day
- Responsible for running or partnering on office wide events, meeting coordination, and food/refreshments ordering
- Responsible for the overall office and supply room organization and appearance
- Maintains the company intranet – vConnect – in coordination with IT and the People and Culture team
- Manages the company vehicles – including in/out monitoring and maintenance schedules
- Leads the physical office space emergency response program for the corporate office i.e. Head Floor Warden
- Backup to the Office Administrative Assistant in greeting visitors, answering phones, handling routine correspondence, managing deliveries and mail, etc.
- Handles other special projects and tasks, as assigned
- Manages the Office Administrative Assistant and Office Clerk
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong Microsoft Suite knowledge and skills
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and processes
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, start up environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid team player, team lead, and excellent mentor
- Strong organization skills, problem solving, assessment, planning, interpersonal negotiating, time management, decision- making skills, collaboration, prioritization, multi-tasking and attention to detail
- Minimum of five years of experience in administrative functions and a minimum of two years of experience in office management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Must be extremely efficient, resourceful, adaptable team player, detail-oriented, flexible and able to function well in a fast-paced environment with diverse people.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use office equipment such as computers and copiers, to use hands and fingers operate tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee needs to be able to lift approximately 25lbs or more on occasion. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We provide employment opportunities (EEO) for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. Qualified job applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
For consideration for the above position, please send your resume to email@example.com or send it to:
People and Culture Department
600 California Street, 20th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108
ABOUT VERITAS INVESTMENTS
Headquartered in San Francisco, Veritas Investments is an experienced real estate investment manager that specializes in owning and operating mixed-use multifamily and retail properties in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The company offers institutional and Individual investors a vertically-Integrated platform and a clearly defined investment strategy that focuses on acquiring undermanaged multifamily and urban retail properties and then enhancing their income and value through building and management improvements. The company holds a track record for moving quickly on opportunities, executing efficiently on strategy, and delivering superior financial performance to investors while giving back to the community.
Veritas Investments has been fortunate to be the recipient of many awards including two recent honors: IREM's Workplace Environment Award for Employee and Leadership Development and was also named Real Estate Investment Fund of the Year by REFI.