Capital Markets Analyst
Reporting to the Vice President of Capital Markets, the CMA will assist with the Company’s debt and equity fundraising activities, investor relations function, and various other departmental needs. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong communication skills, a positive attitude and an eye for detail. This is a unique, highly visible and impactful opportunity for an organized, proactive, motivated and resourceful person to join an entrepreneurial private equity organization that has preeminent institutional partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Capital Markets team in all aspects of the Company’s fundraising efforts, track investor contacts, maintain documents, schedule meetings with internal & external parties, etc.
- Facilitate investor work flow as fund raising process progresses from initial meetings/NDAs through commitments and funding stages
- Work closely with the Capital Markets and Investments teams to develop and maintain excel-based analytical models
- Perform various ad-hoc analyses to inform debt financing and refinancing decisions
- Participate in various forms of investor reporting and correspondence
- Active involvement in the preparation of due diligence and marketing materials for potential investors and lenders
- Prepare and distribute periodic fundraising progress reports to the Executive team.
- Coordinate with outside investment bankers, brokers and legal counsel to maintain an internal depository of marketing materials, operating agreements, subscription agreements, PPMs, etc.
- Assist the Capital Markets team with in-office fundraising, property tours and investor meetings, as well as coordinating any follow-up items, including travel arrangements for out of town meetings and investor events
- Assist with operational, regulatory, and financial due diligence, and prepare reports and presentations
- Serve as the central point of contact for all investor inquiries and requests for existing high net worth and institutional investors, while providing prompt replies and exceptional customer service
- Responsible for maintaining, updating, and enhancing the investor portal (Juniper Square), including issuing capital calls, correspondences, creating dashboards, etc.
- Collaborate with other departments to gather data, compile information, and complete investor requests
- Assist in creating reports and dashboards to communicate investment performance to investors and executive team
- Support Capital Markets team as needed with research, debt compliance/reporting, ad-hoc projects, and other Company initiatives
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of management
- Robust project management skills
- Ability to multi-task competing priorities
- Highly proficient in excel – experience in financial modeling and valuation is a strong plus
- Understanding of Joint Venture/Private Equity deal structures
- Detail-oriented with strong follow through to complete tasks
- Market research abilities
- A team player who collaborates well with others and builds strong working relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Business Administration or other related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant (preferably in commercial real estate) work experience in capital markets, investment management, investor relations, investment banking, or private equity companies
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong writing/presentation capabilities
ABOUT VERITAS INVESTMENTS
Headquartered in San Francisco, Veritas Investments is an experienced real estate investment manager that specializes in owning and operating mixed-use multifamily and retail properties in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The company offers institutional and individual investors a vertically-integrated platform and a clearly defined investment strategy that focuses on acquiring undermanaged multifamily and urban retail properties and then enhancing their income and value through building and management improvements. The company holds a track record for moving quickly on opportunities, executing efficiently on strategy, and delivering superior financial performance to investors while giving back to the community.
Veritas Investments has been fortunate to be the recipient of many awards including two recent honors: IREM’s Workplace Environment Award for Employee and Leadership Development and was also named Real Estate Investment Fund of the Year by REFI.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
The Veritas family of companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. For consideration for the above position, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to:
People and Culture Department
600 California Street, 20th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108