Asset Management Intern
Veritas Investments is a leading real estate investment manager that specializes in owning and operating mixed-use multifamily and retail properties in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We strive to foster a dynamic, collaborative work environment where all team members contribute and all voices are valued. Our culture emphasizes personal initiative, leadership, accountability, integrity, teamwork, honesty, and trust. We have a collaborative and collegial organizational structure and employs self-motivated individuals who seek to innovate as they solve the challenges they face on the job.
Please see detailed descriptions of the roles below, when you apply please provide the following:
- The specific Internship you’re interested in
- A cover letter describing why you’re a great fit for the role and how you’d positively contribute to the Veritas culture
- Your resume
- Is an enterprising 4th year undergraduate with a major in finance or economics with a strong passion for real estate
- Has demonstrated the ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information and translate it into strategic deliverables
- Self-motivating individual who is detail-oriented, has strong organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and within a team under deadlines
- Perform financial analysis, including cash flow projection with complex financing structure and sensitivity analysis
- Create Excel-based analytical tools including cash flow financial models
- Prepare offering materials for new or existing assignments and pursuits utilizing effective work planning capabilities
- Assist with the preparation of presentation and pitch materials for new business pursuits
- Assist with the due diligence and closing process for complex financing transactions
- Read and review real estate documents (i.e. loan agreements, joint venture agreements, appraisals, etc.) and prepare abstract reports
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Proficient in Excel based real estate valuation models and financial analysis
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure, and effectively manage time and workload
MORE ABOUT VERITAS INVESTMENTS
Headquartered in San Francisco, Veritas Investments is an experienced real estate investment manager that specializes in owning and operating mixed-use multifamily and retail properties in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The company offers institutional and individual investors a vertically-integrated platform and a clearly defined investment strategy that focuses on acquiring undermanaged multifamily and urban retail properties and then enhancing their income and value through building and management improvements. The company holds a track record for moving quickly on opportunities, executing efficiently on strategy, and delivering superior financial performance to investors while giving back to the community.
Veritas Investments has been fortunate to be the recipient of many awards including two recent honors: IREM’s Workplace Environment Award for Employee and Leadership Development and was also named Real Estate Investment Fund of the Year by REFI.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
The Veritas family of companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. For consideration for the above position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to:
People and Culture Department
600 California Street, 20th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108